Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, January 3, 2009

Just a Housewife...

Hello, Ms Jones, I've called to say,
I'm sorry that I cried when you phoned today.

No, I didn't get angry when your call came at 4:00
Just as 8 Cub Scouts burst through the door.

It's just that I'd had such a really full day.

I'd baked pies for the PTA.
The washing, the ironing, and scrubbing the floor
were chores I had finished not too long before.

I'd sewn up a dress, my daughter needs it this Sunday,
And prepared for a meeting with 4-H'ers on Monday.

No, the reason I cried and gave that great yelp,
Wasn't 'cause you'd phoned just to ask for my help.

The comment that threw me, nearly drove me berserk
Was "I'm sure you'll have time Because you don't work."

Author Unknown

1 comment:

T!ff@ny said...

Amen to that! I currently work but I have been on both sides of the fence!! I do know several stay at home moms that REALLY don't do anything (you can tell by looking at their house, kids, etc.) BUT they make the others look bad b/c I know when I was home it didn't seem like I had a minute by myself!!