Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Oven Denver Omelet

Oven Denver Omelet
8 eggs
1 cup milk
1/2 tsp. seasoned salt
2 cups frozen shredded hashbrown potatoes
1 cup diced fully cooked ham
1 cup (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
1 Tbsp. dried minced onion

In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, and seasoned salt.
Stir in the remaining ingredients.
Pour into a greased 8” square baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350 for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean.
Yield: 6-8 servings.

I fixed this the other night for supper. It was very good. Of course, I typically alter recipes to accommodate the ingredients I do have. I didn't have cheddar, instead I had a "Fiesta Mix" bag of shredded cheese. I think the cheddar would have given it a stronger taste which I would prefer, but the cheese I had was sufficient. I don't like onions, so naturally, I left those out. I bought a Smithfield sliced ham almost 2lbs and diced it myself. Makes this dish a little more time consuming but cuts down on the cost of the ham (as pre-cubed ham is more expensive by the lb). I have used more of the ham for another recipe.

* * * * 1/2 stars (possibly 5 if I had used the cheddar cheese for more flavor).

(I got this recipe from a recipe blog...I apologize to the person who originally posted it as I can't remember which blog it came from. I have tried to find it again to no avail. I just don't want to take credit for a recipe I didn't originally create or post).

1 comment:

Jeremy and Christy said...

yummm, i love omelets! i need to know the name of that recipe blog! i have been trying some new things also.