Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Freedom at its Best

As most Americans are aware, today was the inauguration of the 44th President, Barack Obama.

I didn't stay home to watch it. I didn't record it. I didn't even make plans to watch it. I just went along about my day running errands.

Regardless of how I feel about Obama, the inauguration, and politics...I am blessed to live in The United States of America. I still believe it is the greatest nation on earth no matter who is President. And whether you or I voted for or against an incoming President, we must admit that freedom is displayed at its best when America inaugurates another President. Republican or Democrat, black or white, male or female...freedom rings the loudest with the election and inauguration of each new President.

It's what my grandfathers fought for and their grandfathers before them. It's what American forces continue to fight for today not only for America but for other nations as well.

My continued prayer is that no matter who is President, the Lord God Almighty will use him or her to glorify His name and fulfill His purpose and will for our great nation and its citizens.

God Bless America,
HB

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

Well said! Pray for our nation and leaders!

Jeremy and Christy said...

So well put. I must say I was anxious about him becoming President, but God is in control and through everything I heard and saw today, He gave me a peace. Obama may not be my choice, but he is not in charge and I worship the one who is. And like you, wow, I am so blessed to live in the USA!

TRP said...

Didn't watch it either...just not interested. Yes, prayer is the only contribution I can make at this point. God put him there anyway...I'll let Him take care of it. Good post...