Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, January 16, 2009

A Few Grocery Deals

For you frugal grocery shoppers, here is a list of a few deals that I found this past week. These are only items that I bought since I don't have the time to list all deals in the local are. These are only deals that I found at our local stores..if you do not live in this area, you may not have the same. The price listed is what I paid, there is a possibility that it can change from day to day. I am also listing some the not so good deals.

Brookshires:

Good:
Milk: gallon size 2/$6.00...$3.00 per gallon. This is better than you will find @ Wal-Mart
Armour Lunch Makers: $1.00 each. Be sure to get the one that includes the drink...yes, they too are on sale.
Hunts Ketchup (24 oz): $1.00 each. Cheaper than any brand at Wal-Mart
Pillsbury Grand Biscuits in a can: $1.00 each (I had a .30 coupon when you buy 2 cans. Brookshire's triples coupon. so I got 2 cans of biscuits of .55 each)

Not so Good:
Jimmy Dean Pork Sausage: they have on sale 2/$5.00. They are actually cheaper at Wal-Mart


Kroger:

***Good:
Strawberries: 2/$5.00. They are known to be cheaper during the summer, but this is actually decent for this time of year.
Gain Detergent: $4.99. I have a $1.00 off coupon. (you can get up to 40 loads for 3.99)
Kroger Bar and Shredded Cheese: (8oz) 3/$6.00
Kroger Bread: $1.00 per loaf. Cheaper than Wal-Mart
Kroger Cream Cheese, Sour Cream, and Dips: $1.00 each (cheaper than Wal-Mart)
Little Debbie Snacks: $1.00 each
Martha White Baking Mixes: $1.00 (I have a coupon for .55 off when you buy 2. that makes them .73 each. Great price for Martha White, but I think you get Wal-mart brand cheaper if not the same price)
Kool Aid Kool Bursts: $1.00 each
Kroger Brand "Fruit Grain Bars": $2.00 each. These are the same price as the Wal-Mart brand. I think these are a regular price.

***Not So Good:

Kraft Easy Mac Cups: $1.00 each. Cheaper at Wal-Mart.
Red Gold Canned Tomatoes: $1.00 each. These may be a good price for the brand, but Wal-Mart brand is cheaper

I know that Wal-Mart participates in price matching, but I will buy at Kroger if the price is good rather than Wal-Mart in order to build up gasoline points.

Walgreens:
Lysol Disinfecting wipes: buy 1 get 1 free, I have a coupon for $1.00 off.
Fantastik All Purpose Cleaner: buy 1 get 1 free, I have coupon for $1.00 off
Lysol Toilet Bowl Cleaner: buy 1 get 1 free, I have a coupon for .50 off
Scrubbing Bubbles Flushable Bathroom Wipes: buy 1 get 1 free, I have a coupon for $1.00 off
Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner: Buy 1 get 1 free, I have a coupon for .75 off

Most of these coupons were found in this past Sunday's newspaper. You can sometimes find a Sunday paper at your local grocery store even on the following weekdays.

Don't need all the extra "free" products or don't have the storage space. Here's an idea...stock them up and give them to a local charity, group home, single parent home or elderly that live on a fixed income, or a family that is without a job (currently there are many of these). A few group homes in the area could definitely use any extra especially when they rely on donations to operate. During these economic hardships, they suffer tremendously when giving decreases.

Hope this helps you when shopping,
HB

1 comment:

Jeanelle said...

Oooo, thanks!! We need some lunchables and I always like good prices on Grands!