Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, January 26, 2009

FYI...

For this post, I thought I would give a little info about the boys. This is to also keep a little journaling for the future when I want to look back at what was going on with our family.

BB: Our energetic, willing to help, strong willed twin. He wakes up bouncing like Tigger and doesn't stop til he is asleep. He lacks some impulse control in that he doesn't always think before doing something. JB's comment to him is "Son, what were you thinking?" And my reply is "he wasn't." We are definitely having to learn which battles to pick with him and the battles we choose to engage, must be won indefinitely. When he sets his mind that he's not gonna do what it is you've told or asked, he's not gonna do it without a battle. He's my child I feel like I discipline and scold the most throughout the day. But regardless of how much I have had to scold him, he still loves me. He wants to sit with me, he wants to help me, he wants me to lay down with him at night, he wants to give me kisses and hugs. He still has a way of melting my heart despite his rebellion and strong will. He currently enjoys being the "bad guy" when it comes to play, how appropriate for this little boy. His current favorite movies are Mickey, Donald and Goofy: The 3 Musketeers and The Pirates who don't do Anything, Veggietales. He is fascinated with the sword fighting and good guy vs bad guy that are emulated in these movies. His favorite toy from Christmas is the $2.00 foam sword from Big Lots my sister gave him. He loves to help and seems to be a people pleaser to an extent. He wants to help me cook and help his daddy with "handy-man" type projects around the house. He is the more dominant of the 2, telling his brother what to do and how to do it. I don't know if this stems from the need to control or the need to nurture his brother. He has a tendency to be timid yet is not a follower, hence his strong will to not do what he doesn't want to do. My prayer regarding this personality is that this strong will keeps him from following the "wrong crowd" when he has to make his own choices.

He likes chocolate milk, mac n cheese, hot dogs, chicken nuggets, oatmeal, grits, and cheese. He doesn't like any vegetable but will occasionally eat a few bites of sweet potatoes. However, if he likes what he is eating, he's gonna eat alot of it. Can be a bottomless pit. He's not afraid to climb for the cabinet to get food nor open the fridge for his favorite piece of sliced cheese. He only likes the dumplings in Chicken and Dumplings, hence he is called Dumplin.

BB still claims Stuffins to be his dog and sleeping partner. Stuffins will occasionally ride with me when picking them up from school. BB loves to see him sitting in his car seat when he opens the door.

BB enjoys the outside but not as much as his brother. He enjoys riding his big wheels but when it's too hot or too cold, he's ready to come in (he gets that from me).

CB: Our tenderhearted, loves all things sports, twin. CB wakes up like me...whiny, can be grumpy, needs awhile before facing the day, complete opposite of his brother. He is a child of habit. He wants 2 sippy cups of strawberry milk every morning. It must be warmed to his approval..too hot or too cold will not do and he will whine you to death until it's fixed.

He doesn't tend to have melt-downs like BB, but his whining can be just as bad. CB gets his heart broken easily. He doesn't understand why he can't win every game that we play...crying and saying "But I just wanna win."...he truly gets his feelings hurt and heart broken over some of these losses. We are currently trying to teach him that he's not always gonna win but it's fun playing regardless. He needs to learn this fast as he loves all things sports. He loves to kick, hit, bounce, throw, pass, catch or shoot a ball. He loves to be outside and will pitch a small fit when it is time to come inside. If he could live outdoors, I do believe he would. He loves to fish, dig, ride his big wheels, and just run when outside. (he gets this from his daddy).

CB enjoys cartoons and prefers TV shows over movies, although he will watch movies. He likes, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Berenstain Bears, Thomas the Tank Engine, Bob the Builder and most of the Veggie Tale shows and movies. His favorite Christmas movie this past Christmas was what he calls "Tigger and Pooh Christmas". He still ask to watch everyday.

He has recently learned to play with other children more, especially if they are his friends. He tends to be more of a follower than his brother. My prayer for this personality is the he follows the "right crowd".

CB has a tender heart for the weak. He gets upset if I "spank" Gizzie. Really, this child cries real tears if he sees Gizzie get a spanking. (I have to pop Gizzie at times when she won't quit barking or wanders off into the neighbor's yard). He's protective of me if he feels Daddy is being mean to me or tries to get Mamma. "I got you mamma, it's ok." If I pretend to cry, he has the most sincere concern, "It's gonna be ok, mamma." You will find BB over there laughing.

CB is much pickier when it comes to eating. This has recently changed as he used to be the better eater of the 2. Although, CB will eat more meats than BB, he refuses to eat any vegetable. He likes the chicken in Chicken and Dumplins, hence he called Chicken. He likes hot dogs, fruit grain bars, chicken nuggets, grilled cheese, sliced cheese and will occasionally eat spaghetti. Unlike his brother, he doesn't like mac n cheese.

CB loves school. He tends to learn a little easier and it seems to come easier for him than his brother. He also enjoys learning more than his brother. He even cried one time because he couldn't stay at the school I delivered a monogramming order. He was only 2. He really thought he was gonna get to go to big school. He also cried because he couldn't load the bus that was returning children to another child care facility.

As for both of them...they are picky eaters. In fact, JB is a picky eater. Cooking supper for my family is not the most fun unless I enjoyed cooking the same thing over and over. We don't nap anymore during the day unless we have had a really busy active morning. Instead, I lay a "palette" on the floor and we rest for from about 2:00 to 4:00 while watching a movie or cartoons. Sometimes they will fall asleep but mostly they just lay there and rest. We had to make a choice...it got to where if they napped, it was hard to get them to fall asleep at night leaving them awake even until 10:30 some nights. It was making bed time a huge battle instead of a winding down time. I can get them "rest" on a palette easier than getting them to bed. "Resting" has worked great so far. Now bed time is much more pleasant.

They both have such different personalities and characteristics. And I love them equally as much for those differences. They are each so special to me and both make my life complete and I couldn't imagine it without either of them or just one of them.

HB

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

Ya'll are blessed with some good boys and they are blessed with Godly parents who will always be there for them. Life would be pretty boring without our kids!