Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Sunday, June 24, 2007

The Terror Chamber BKA The Car Wash

This blog is an "oldie" from Myspace. This was originally written in March:

Today after working out at the Y, I stopped to fill my car with gas. There was a car wash at the gas station and I thought it was a good day to use it.
I was not prepared for what would happen in and during the car wash. And by prepared I mean I didn't have any ear plugs or valium. From the time the wash started til it ended, the boys screamed in terror. And I mean SCREAMED!!! It was awful.


What probably took 5 minutes felt like eternity. I left with a headache and terrorized kids, oh yeah, and a clean car that was not worth it.
I'll know better next time. Take ear plugs for me and valium for the kids. Just kidding, I wouldn't intentionally terrorize my kids nor drug them. There won't be a next time with them in the car.


Until next time, HB

Update: Til this day, we have not been through a car wash. I almost attempted the other day, but realized I didn't have any ear plugs in the car.

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Ha! Similar experience w/our 2 year old for the longest. Gradually he got so he would be quiet if someone held his hand, but he couldn't bear to look at the car wash. Then he became curious about the blue soap. Now he has conquered his fear and asks if we can go to the car wash. We even bought a tshirt with a carwash on it! Keep at it...but take reinforcements for a while.