Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, June 7, 2007

Be Glad You're not a Cricket at our House

Last night as I was laying in bed, JB let Gizmo in from her nightly bathroom break just before bedtime. I could hear the cricket outside our door but it was no bother to me as I was so tired I don't think anything could have kept me awake.

As JB came back to the room after getting Gizmo her treat, he had a can of Raid. "That cricket must die." I was slightly shocked at how serious he was. I responded, "Are you serious? You are gonna kill the cricket?"

JB said "I warned it to shut up when I let Gizmo out and it's still chirping."

"Why don't you just pick it up and throw it over the fence or further out in the yard."

"I can't see the cricket but I can spray in the vicinity of its location."

As I lay there, I heard that poor cricket's last chirp and then there was silence. I was literally flabbergasted at this incident.

After JB put Gizmo on the bed and he settled down to bed himself, I looked at Gizmo and said "Gizzie, you and I better make sure we don't snore tonight."

Until next time, HB

No comments: