Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Pleasant Pork Chops

6 pork chops
salt and pepper to taste
3 T butter
1 onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
3/4 cup chicken broth
1 bay leaf
1 cup sour cream
2 t paprika

Saute onion and garlic in hot butter. Remove from skillet. Trim excess fat from chops and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Brown chops in skillet; pour off fat. Lower heat, add bay leaf and chicken broth. Cook covered over low heat for 1 hour. Transfer chops to a serving plate, but keep them hot. Heat juices in skillet and reduce to half. Add the sour cream, onion-garlic mixture and paprika, blending thoroughly. Heat through, but don't boil. Pour over chops and serve.

Note: For those who know me best, you know I hate onions. I did not use onions but still sauteed the garlic according to the recipe. I added onion powder to the sour cream sauce. Also, because I did not have any paprika and because paprika can tend to a little spicy, I added Season All to taste instead. JB and I really liked this recipe. BB didn't care for it, but CB couldn't get enough of the "shops". Hope you enjoy.

Also, you could probably use chicken breasts with this recipe.

Rating: 3 stars

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

K Storm said...

Mmmm...sounds good! We may need to give this a try soon!