Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, June 18, 2007

Happy Father's Day!


I know yesterday was Father's Day, but I didn't get the chance to post. I did not have the opportunity to get a card for JB from the boys nor me, so we just made our own Sunday morning. The boys and I didn't make it church Sunday morning because CB has a nasty runny nose and hacking cough. Didn't think his Sunday School teachers would appreciate it if I brought him there in that condition. I wouldn't like it if I were the teacher. Anyway, another blog, another day.

I had the boys color on a piece of paper and then i "stamped" their hand prints on the paper using some blue paint. It was messy and but the boys enjoyed "finger painting" and JB loved his cards. He said they were more meaningful than a store bought. As for a gift for JB, it is a work in progress at the moment.

The afternoon was spent relaxing at the house. We went to my parents' that evening for some grilled steaks, corn on the cob, Garlic Shrimp pasta (which I proudly proclaim to have made!), baked mashed potatoes, apple pie, and of course ice cream.
My sister and her family were also there. We all enjoyed each other's company and celebrating our fathers.

I hope all the fathers I know had a wonderful day. They certainly deserve the recognition and not just for one day but throughout the whole year. I must recognize the 3 fathers that were represented last night. JB goes to work everyday and works hard so that I can stay home with our boys. He sacrifices much in order for us to have a fulfilling life. My brother-in-law, Ryan, does the same. He works hard in order for my sister to stay home with her girls. My dad worked hard everyday. Although, my mom still had to work to help support the family, my dad's hard work allowed her to only work part-time. My mom was home everyday by 1:30. All 3 of these dad's recognize the importance of a mother, in that, they sacrificed and worked hard in order for us moms to care for our children. They show love to us through sacrifice, hard work, and their commitment to their family. God has truly blessed with great husbands and fathers.



Until next time, let us not forget the importance of a father,
HB








1 comment:

T!ff@ny said...

Looks like the boys had fun! Well I am going to have to do some "catch up" reading I see!