Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, May 23, 2007

All in a days work...

Today was like any other. The boys were busy which keeps me busy. I decided to blog about my day and what all it entails.

Today, I again did one of my most hated chores, laundry. As I have said before, it seems to never end. Well, in reality it never does. After emptying the dryer only to load it again with the clothes from the washer, only to load it again, I had to go retrieve the clothes from our bathroom hamper. When I walked in I found the boys doing this to the bathroom floor...

They had managed to get their tub crayons out of a drawer and proceeded to graffiti the floor. After taking the crayons away, I then cleaned up the mess.

As I returned to the laundry room with more dirty clothes in hand, I found this...

While I was cleaning the mess in the bathroom, the boys managed to drag out all the clothes that were waiting to be folded. They were in a laundry basket.

Well the day went on, and I again found myself in the laundry room tackling the clothes. This time the boys followed me in there. What could possibly happen with them in there that I can't stop. Well, as I am sure most of you have experienced, things happen so quickly with toddlers. As I was loading and unloading, this happened...

CB managed to grab and spill JB's bag of sunflower seeds. Of course his mere reaction was "uh-oh". And again, I found myself cleaning up another mess.

It was time to cook supper. As I was preparing supper, I heard loud laughter coming from the den. When I walked into the den I found this...


These are some their winter clothes that I had put in a garbage bag to donate somewhere or to someone. The boys had managed to empty the clothes out of the bag. The poor bag was smothered under the clothes. Again, I found myself cleaning up yet another mess.

So, to wrap up my day...it was full of doing, undoing, and redoing. Oh, and I managed to change 7 dirty diapers. If I could market this stuff, I would be a rich lady on today's production alone.

Until next time, I will keep running in the hamster's wheel hoping I will eventually get somewhere, HB

3 comments:

awc said...

I am not sure what kind of emotions you were feeling after your day, but I have to admit it brought laughter to me and RDC!! :) Hope tomorrow is less eventful!!!

AWCr

awc said...

I am not sure what kind of emotions you were feeling after your day, but I have to admit it brought laughter to me and RDC!! :) Hope tomorrow is less eventful!!!

AWCr

K Storm said...

You are going to have to write a book about the adventures that the boys have brought into your home. Erma Bombeck got started somewhere!