Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, September 15, 2008

Vacation 2008

It was good while it lasted but it's gone. It's just like planning a wedding and planning for Christmas. The anticipation is exciting and makes for some sleepless nights but in 4 short days, it was gone leaving only memories, pictures, and the anticipation of the next vacation.

We arrived in Orange Beach on Sunday and left at 11:00 pm on Wed night. We had not planned to leave at that time but decided to drive straight through during the night which turned out to be a good decision. We were scheduled to check out Thursday by 11:00 AM anyway, so why not, we thought.

The weather couldn't have been more beautiful. The temps were awesome and very much bearable. The only day that we couldn't get in the water was Wednesday. That morning was a red flag with a double red flag by the afternoon due to hurricane Ike. However, we were still able to enjoy the sand and pool.

Monday night we played Adventure Golf. Tuesday night we shopped the souvenir shops and local boutiques. We enjoyed seafood every night of our stay.

As our time ended, I have already begun to anticipate our vacation for next year. The boys loved "bacation" and still ask if we can go to the beach.

I've posted a slide show below of just a few pics that I took. For those who remember my pics from last year...I took 900. This year was only 200...I was too busy having fun.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

K Storm said...

I love your pictures. I am so glad that you all had a chance to relax and enjoy time away! The boys are so precious!

Did you know I have that same pink tank?

Leslie and Mark said...

They are so cute Holly and they look so grown up!! Sounds like ya'll had a blast!

Jeremy and Christy said...

Rileigh really missed those guys last week!! I am so glad you enjoyed your vacation. Our vacation was one of the best times we have had, just us being family, no distractions. I can't wait until next year. Glad to see you had a great time!