Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, June 2, 2008

Survived the 1st day of VBS!

Well, we survived the 1st day of VBS. And when I say survive, I really mean survive. The 1st day is typically "survival of the fittest" due to the chaos, crying children when their moms/dads leave them, crying teachers when they learn they have more children than expected, and all the other unexpected and overwhelming circumstances that happen on the 1st day.

The boys didn't cry when I dropped them off but, instead, they broke down every time they saw me and couldn't stay with me. On a positive note, they wore underwear today and stayed dry!!! Thanks impart to their great teachers who made it a priority to take them to the bathroom on a regular basis, thanks Ms Leslie and Ms Angie.

As I mentioned in the previous post, I am helping with pre-school music. I really enjoyed helping teach the little ones the songs and motions, regardless of the repetition of doing it over and over and over and over and over again. Now these songs haunt me during any quiet moment. Anyway, the boys came in the choir room with their group and it was such a blessing to watch them. Each participated in just the way I expected. CB was ready to move and sing. He was enthralled in the motions and songs while BB just stood their too shy and self conscious to even try. However, he did make his way to the top of the choir steps and grooved a little...that was until I looked at him. They left the choir room headed back their room. I love their age of children....still so innocent.

When leaving, some children were loading up to head back to their daycare. CB thought he was to get on the bus and became quite distraught when he realized that he was not gonna be riding. He cried all the way home saying "I wanna ride da bus". I told myself...all too soon enough, sweetheart.

Until next time, 1 day down and 4 to go, HB

1 comment:

K Storm said...

There is something really special about that bus! Our 3 year old thinks that you have "arrived" when you are big enough to ride it.

Better go practice tomorrow's song again! I don't want to suddenly forget the motions on stage again!