Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Enter at you own Risk!

To those of you may drop by my house to pick up orders, just say hi, or for whatever reason....Enter at your own Risk!!!

Today, I had a customer stop by this morning to pick up an order. I didn't know she was coming (which is ok) so I was totally unprepared along with my house. Regardless, these days there's not much preparing I can do with 2 toddlers and a dog. When she came in, Gizzie yelped as usual, the den was littered with toys that boys had already dragged out, BB had no underwear on as he had just "pottied" and gladly pronounced to our visitor, CB was wearing only underwear with his new "packpack" and I was in a cap wearing "work-out" clothes. The kitchen was chaotic with unpacked grocery bags.

At first I was embarrassed but quickly got over it accepting that this is just the way my life is right now. I have 3 choices...(1) I can stress out trying to keep my house constantly picked up and spotless (2) I can stress out about the order my house is currently in (clean but cluttered with toys) or (3) I can accept the way life is right now and go with the flow.

I try to live by #3. I have learned that being Martha Stewart only makes my life more stressful and me more moody. That, in turn, affects the rest of my family.

When I accept the way things are right now, my boys actually enjoy playing and don't have to endure a "stressed out" mom. And we all know when mom is stressed out...the whole family is tense thus creating an atmosphere of instability and uncertainty...which is the last thing I want my children to remember as their childhood.

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

K Storm said...

I try to live by number 3 also though it is hard. I refuse for my house to be a museum...we actually live there!! Also, I am thankful for the kids that have toys to play with. How many people long for children to clutter the house with toys and artwork? Good for you!