Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, September 2, 2016

A Detour in Lessons

The other day we took a detour for a mini lesson on how our school days could go quicker and how much control the student has implementing the ways. This detour came as result of ongoing moaning and complaining of how long school takes without recognizing how much they control this. The conclusion proved to the complainers that they have the most control of how long their school day takes.

They were required to list the following ways that make for shorter school days. This list was created and comprised through discussion between teacher and students. Upon any more complaining, students will rewrite his list.


1. Do my work correctly the first time. Do, I, as the student control this? YES.

2. Do my work neatly. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

3. Do my work to the best of my ability. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

4. Do not argue with the teacher. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

5. Stay focused on my schoolwork. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

6. Follow instructions both from the lessons and the teacher. Do, I, as a student control this? YES

7. Be organized putting my books and workbooks in the correct place and cleaning my work space. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

8. Be quiet during the lesson when the teacher is talking. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

9. Obey the teacher. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

10. Have a good attitude. Do, I as the student control this? YES

11. Start lessons sooner without waiting on the teacher to tell me to start. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

12. Listen to the teacher. Do, I, as the student control this? YES

13. Check my work when it's completed. Did I follow the instructions? Did I complete all questions or problems? Do, I, as the student control this? YES

No comments: