Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, June 17, 2016

Testing, Testing....

I don't put much importance into standardized testing because children learn at varying degrees. As an intentional homeschooling parent, I am best able to measure my child's learning on a daily basis. However, we did allow our boys to take a standardized test this year. Their results came a few weeks ago. Both boys scored above their current grade level. What I gather from these results is not their ability to learn or retain, I already knew that. But rather their ability to apply what they have learned to another venue of testing and material.

Furthermore, these test results are for parental knowledge only. No government entity will have access to the results nor access to any other private information.

No comments: