Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, May 30, 2016

Philippians 4:13 attitude

One of the most common reasons parents will not consider homeschooling is because they don't think they have the ability or patience to do it. Let me make this clear, neither are prerequisites to homeschooling. For those who are believers in Christ, we know he provides our ability. I have to rely on his promise. Those of us reared in church learn at a very young age, a common Bible verse..."I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me." My ability to homeschool is daily proof of this verse. I put this verse to use daily and as a believer, why wouldn't I? As a Christian, we believe it, right? Then why do we not trust it?

Homeschooling isn't without its struggles. But having been on both sides, I would rather the struggles at home than my child struggling alone at school. I've been there with my child struggling at school. He was pretty much alone, not bc teachers didn't care, but bc the nature of institutionalized education. Teachers can't possibly give the attention each child needs nor can the system give the time each child needs, especially those who struggle. We are living proof that the struggles at home are far less than what we dealt with at an institutional school setting. And we are living proof that Christ does strengthen us so that we may succeed at the things that seem impossible.

No comments: