Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, May 28, 2016

It's a Matter of Lack of Morals, not Lack of Religion

It's not about a lack of religion. It's about a lack of morals.

I haven't spoken out as much lately regarding politics and such as I have in the past. It's not because I've lost interest but rather because I'm still processing much of it.

I'm terribly discouraged by our options for president as it stands now. And surprisingly to some, my issue with the claimed conservative nominee isn't his lack of religion. It's his lack of morals. You don't have to be religious or specifically Christian to be a moral person. And the opposite stands true, not all "religious" claiming folk have morals, either.

I've heard and read the argument of not voting is a vote for the other. This theory stands true for both candidates.

From my perspective, both candidates are equally immoral in their personal life as well as their professional life. This immortality will and has infiltrated their political career.

Another aspect I have noticed, patriotism is quickly and increasingly growing to be a major national religion. Voting or not voting does not determine one's eternal destination. Now it certainly may help one get there quicker than planned depending on the future circumstances of the one voted into office but voting itself does not determine your eternal life. This does NOT mean I encourage others to not vote. Voting, a treasured freedom we have, is a personal matter, although, I abhor the attitude of not voting strictly bc of apathy.

So, to those who attack others or me for even considering the possibility that we might not vote for a president this go around bc it would be a vote for Hillary, while in earthly theory you may be right, but I'm not accountable to do what is right by my country, I'm accountable to what is right by my God. What you choose to do is respectfully your choosing, now please allow others the same respect.

No comments: