Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, May 18, 2016

When Bathrooms Influence our Children

Regardless of how you feel about transgender issues, it all comes down to what parents think is appropriate for their children to be exposed to at any given age and at any given venue. The news of the federal government proposing all public schools accommodate and cater to the culture's growing transgender issues is even more reason for me to be diligent and proactive about how we educate our boys.

You see, on a personal level, someone being a transgender doesn't bother me. But when that lifestyle influences my children by way of bathrooms and classroom curriculum, I have to choose to take action for my children. And right now, that action is for me to have them home so that I am their main influence. I am still training them up in the way they should go. Part of that training is to teach them to love people no matter their lifestyle but that doesn't mean I have to expose them to alternative lifestyles and teachings while their hearts are still so very impressionable.

On a different note, when schools take federal monies, local control no longer exists regardless of the culture issues at hand.

No comments: