Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, October 13, 2012

Labor Day and Vacay Picture Update

Labor Day was fun spent with some good friends The Dennis' on the Rez.  They took us out on their boat and their boys along with ours had fun tubing. 

Our annual beach vacay was, again, in Orange Beach.  This vacay had some bittersweet moments.  I was slapped in the face with reality...my boys can no longer wear Carters' clothes.  It just doesn't seem like that time should have come so soon.  But OshKosh came to the rescue of my emotional breakdown.  Another moment came when they both wanted to walk down to the beach by themselves without JB and me close by.  We 'let them go' with the realization that they are growing up.  But watching them walk from the height of the balcony reminded me they are still so little when compared to the ocean.  Their adrenaline rush of independence was as real to them as my emotional meltdown of letting go.  Bittersweet: so blessed to have 2 healthy boys who are growing to be independent but not the easiest watching it happen right before my eyes.  So, as time continues to march on without my permission, I'll treasure the pictures that will one day remind me just how 'little' they were. 











No comments: