Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Sunday, February 1, 2009

Quirky Me # 1: Movie Theater Issues

If you have a Facebook profile then you will know that there is a post that has been circulating inviting you to list 25 random facts and goals about yourself. This post has seem to make it's way to every profile on Facebook, even I participated.

I thought it was fun to do as I had to stop and really think about myself and what I thought people would find interesting about me. I, instead, was the one that found myself interesting. I listed things that I had posted before and some that I had not because I either didn't recall them or didn't think it interesting.

So, in this post and upcoming posts, I thought I would list some "quirky" or interesting facts about myself, some I listed on Facebook and some I didn't. Only through these posts I can elaborate more.

# 1 I do not like to watch movies at the theater.

I get too easily distracted by anyone making noise or talking, especially if there are alot of tweens or teenagers in there getting their "chat on" while the movie is showing. I can't stand for people to come in late and asking everyone on a row to move down or they stepping on my feet to get to a seat. I can't stand to have someone else's feet on my chair and near 'bout on my head. The price of a movie is too high to not enjoy it.

My most aggravating time at the movies was when this young mother brought her infant. The child cried and wouldn't be consoled. It finally took an usher to ask her to leave well an hour into the movie. I was just before leaving and asking for my money back.

I would much prefer renting or Pay Per Viewing a movie. I can be home in my comfortable clothes, on my couch, eating my cheaper popcorn.

Apparently I am not alone with this issue. I found this site that discussed "Theater Issues". I read a few comments that were posted and found myself comically relating.

Now, if I can just get caught up with all the movies I have missed,
HB

3 comments:

Stephanie said...

I'm not a big movie goer either but SLH is, so I try to make myself get out and go with him some.

Jeremy and Christy said...

I agree about the movies! I love to go if I know I am going to enjoy myself, but we have had so many bad experiences, I get nervous about going and it costs so much, I don't want to waste my money! Sounds stupid, I know! If we go, we go to a movie teens wouldn't be at and we either go really early or really late.

K Storm said...

I tend to enjoy movies in the comfort of my own home too. With long legs I am not as comfortable in theatre seats. I can sometimes just be "creeped out" at the thought that it is not very clean. We did have lice outbreaks last semester at school and I don't want that to come to our house. BUT my kids now consider it a really big deal to go to the theatre so we make it a family outing on occassion...a rare treat due to the cost of tickets, popcorn, drink.