Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Going Postal

Going Postal: Going postal is an American English slang term, used as a verb meaning to suddenly become extremely and uncontrollably angry, possibly to the point of violence.

If you have 20 envelopes to mail....DO NOT USE THE AUTOMATED POSTAL MACHINE!!!

Yesterday I had to run to the Post Office to mail a monogram order. After standing behind this women for about 5 minutes, she turns to me and says..."This machine is messing up. It worked fine with the first 10, but trying to do the past 5, it keeps messing up and I've got 5 more to do."

I was so close to just screaming..."you don't use the APM for 20 envelopes!!!!" "That's what the counter behind those double doors are for". The can weigh 1 envelope and print 20 stamps, instead of having to weigh and pay for each of your 20 envelopes. You are interfering with my day and the rest of us standing in line.

The APM is supposed to be for those with a couple of items that need mailing and do not require any complicated mailing issues. I had 1 package.

I ended up having to use the counter where I seemed to have gotten the most unpleasant help who was ready to go to lunch. Needless to say, I got my package mailed and was on my way.

The APM hog was still trying to get the machine to work and was asking for some assistance from postal employees.

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

Carrie said...

Sounds like one of my trips to the post office! Hilarious...i'm sure it wasn't at the time though. love the cartoon above. i could use an escape button every now and then! ;)