Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, October 20, 2008

Fungus Among Us

For the past week and half, I have felt like the "Fungus Among Us".

Last Friday, I finally broke down and called my mom, who is the X-Ray Tech for our family doctor. I was begging to be seen only to be told that our doctor left early due to being sick. She asked if I was feeling worse or about the same. To which I replied through tears, "I just feel like I am full of infection".

Lower back pains, headaches that even Aleve and prescription strength decongestants wouldn't touch, dizziness, nausea, light-headed, and emotional.

Well, I did go see my doctor this morning and I was right. I am just full of infection. Terrible ear infection in my right ear, terrible sinus infection, UTI, and a yeast infection. Which explains all the symptoms listed above. I've also had an infected gland under my arm that finally came to "a head" Sunday night. I won't go into details about this one, even I get nauseous thinking about that thing draining. To give you and idea of the size, it took up the biggest part under my arm. Extremely painful to move my arm as it would send pain even down to my thumb. Made for about a week of sleepless nights as I would roll over on that arm and wake with acute pain. But it finally feels better after draining.

My urine test showed blood and sugar. The blood is probably due to infection and the sugar is somewhat unexplained at this time. He is hoping is just due to all the infections. He did a blood sugar test which cam back normal to follow up more on the sugar. I'll go back in 2 weeks for another urine test to see if it has cleared up.

1 shot and 3 meds later, I should be feeling better in the next few days. My 3 boys are also battling scratchy throats, runny noses and a mild hacking coughs.

I blame most of our sinus/cold troubles on this weather. I can hate this weather as much as I love it. Cold at night and hot during the day.

Until next time, I think I may start living in a bubble, HB

2 comments:

K Storm said...

I hope you feel better soon. It is not fun to feel so bad.

Jeremy and Christy said...

Poor thing! You really were falling apart, weren't you??!! I hope you feel better soon! It's hard to take care of 2 kiddos and a husband when you feel like mess!