Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Just a Few More Days...

til I kill myself trying to get in shape. I retired my membership from the Y several months ago due to the rising costs of gas and my business requiring more of my time. It was about a 30 minute drive one way to the "new Y" (as we called it). So it took an hour driving time just to work out. It was not very motivational to drive for an hour while working out for only 1 hour, if I was lucky to have that long. Also due to the drive time and other circumstances, JB was not able to join and participate in the benefits of Y.

Well, we are glad to say that we(JB and I both) have joined the new Courthouse that is located at what used to be Jitney. This is only 5 minutes from our house and is open 24- 6 1/2 (they aren't opened Sunday mornings).

Advantages....obviously closer therefore eliminating drive time and gas, more flexible hours, more exercise equipment as this facility is strictly for "working out", cost less, JB is able to benefit from this membership.

Disadvantages...no child care, no pool or tennis, no individual tv's at each exercise equipment...not much else to "complain" about.

My parents have also joined as it, too, is closer for them than the Y.

I have gained some of my weight back since I quit working out and I can tell that I don't have as much energy. Needless to say, I am looking forward to getting back in shape and feeling better mentally and physically.

Until next time, HB

No comments: