Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Little Men After my own Heart

Those that have known me the longest and best, know that I love Peanuts...Snoopy, Linus, Charlie Brown and the Gang, that is...not the nuts.

My boys seem to be following my love for the Gang. They love for me to read the Snoopy books we have and they enjoy watching my old Snoopy cartoons, the Classics. I am glad to own all of them.

The other night, I was reading a Snoopy story to them and CB wanted to show me that he knew most of the characters. He pointed to each character as he named them...

Tarlie Bown
Snoopy
Woodsock
Pigpen
Linus
Sally
Pepperoni BKA...Peppermint Patty
He insists on calling her Pepperoni. I don't know what impresses me the most...the fact that he can recall most of the characters or that he can actually pronounce Pepperoni. Mind you, now, that he can't even fully pronouce Charlie Brown.

So Pepperoni it is for now. I don't try to change his mind...soon enough he will be speaking more like a grown child and I'll miss this little moments.


Until next time,

No comments: