Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, May 19, 2008

What a Weekend!

Well, we made it through our busy weekend. Although it was exhausting, it was very worth it.

Saturday went very well. The turn out was great and Shelley and I did well. I enjoyed meeting new customers and seeing returning customers. Thanks to all of you who supported this event and my business.

Let me back up just a minute. Not all of Saturday went well. You remember me saying that I couldn't wait for the boys to get their pictures made. Well, if I had known then what I know now...I would have been more than happy to wait. They did terrible. It was crying, hiding their faces, rubbing their eyes til they were red and just refusing to smile. I was so disappointed and to be honest with y'all, just down right frustrated with them. I know they are young but it is so disappointing to prepare for something and then for them to act like they did. It was no coaxing them to smile or to put their hands down. I guess they were scared of the camera equipment and the only defense mechanism they knew was to hide their face with tears and their hands. The whole time they were in front of the camera they were rubbing their eyes and putting their hands in their mouth. No amount of pleading and begging to put their hands down would work...the only response was "I don't want to" in a whiny, scared voice. I finally said enough is enough...I certainly couldn't disciple to make them obey, that would only make matters work. I think she may have a gotten a few shots with their hands down and maybe a smile along with red eyes and disheveled hair from hiding their faces. But with 2, while one was smiling the other was crying. I still have issues about this photo-shoot, so I must stop writing about it and move on to happier times.

JB's presentation on Sunday was great. I am so proud of him and his ability to speak to a crowd with such a passion. We enjoyed meeting the members of the church and spending time with my family. The boys did ok. They both screamed when I left them in their Sunday School room but soon calmed down. They slept well for the 8 hours they were asleep and took a decent nap that afternoon. I on the other hand, didn't sleep much at all. It's kinda hard when sharing a bed with 2 toddlers.

We didn't get back until about 10:30 Sunday night. The boys fell asleep as soon as their heads hit the pillow...same for me.

As exhausting as it was, we were blessed to have experienced it.

Until next time, HB

No comments: