Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, April 2, 2008

My 7 Secrets

I did this a few months ago when I was tagged by someone else. I have since been tagged again by another friend from the Pace Family Adventures.

1. I am a perfectionist who likes to be in control. I know, deadly combination that comes to combustion at times. I'm not controlling but rather like to be in control, especially when it comes to my boys. I don't like handing control over to other people. It's something I am slowly learning to do. But I hate being pushed into it. As for my perfectionism, I've always been this way. I would rather do it myself than explain to someone how to do it.

2. I don't like change. I like for life to be as stable as possible. I don't like surprises to come along and throw my life into a whirlwind of unforeseen chaos that leaves me feeling out of control. I can deal with "controlled chaos" (hence, I like to be in control).

3. I love to read. It is one of the best ways for me "escape". However, since becoming a mother, I have not had much time to read which means I don't get to escape very much. If you notice further down the page, I have a "Currently Reading" section. The same book has been there for about 6 months.

4. I married my blind date. JB and I met via a blind date. Our roommates set us up. I was not convinced on our first date, but it wasn't long afterwards.

5. I prefer a few best friends over many acquaintances or many girlfriends. And I must admit that God has blessed me with some of the best.

6. I want to go on an Alaskan cruise before my life is over. I don't care if I'm in a hospital bed on oxygen, as long as I go.

7. I hate doing laundry and dishes. I despise these chores.

Well, there are 7 mores secrets you know about me. Hope you enjoyed my confession session.

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

K Storm said...

You would have fit in so well with our Victoriously Frazzled Bible study group. Most of us had control issues.

By the way...this is national tagging week. See my blog for details.