Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Individual Attention

Seems when the boys turned 2, their individual personalities and characteristics began to blossom and in some cases erupt. Each one of them have developed such different likes, dislikes, and interests. As their mother, I sometimes struggle trying to satisfy each of their personlities and interests when it comes to playing and entertaining.

Twice now, JB and I have taken a twin each to have some individual time. I took CB the 1st time grocery shopping with me. He enjoyed it as he helped Mommy put the groceries in the cart and pick out the items. I was amazed at how much easier it was with just one. JB took BB to the park and then eat pizza.

Tonight, we switched. BB and I went to the park to feed the ducks then a quick trip to Wal-mart for diapers and few other items. We finished the evening eating pizza and a game of air hockey. JB and CB went to another park to play and watch some little league baseball. They finished their evening eating Chic-fil-A.

It's my experience that CB's personality tends to stay the same whether one on one or with his brother. However BB's personality changes. He is so much more compliant and less argumentative. He minds better and doesn't act out to get my attention. He loves the individual attention. Regardless of the fun he was having, he was ready to see Brother. While with me individually, both continuously asked where the other was and didn't know what to think about the missing car seat.

We plan to continue to do this as they grow up. I'm sure they will continue to have different interests and we want to nurture each one as best we can.

Until next time, HB

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's been a hard lesson for me to learn. They are each their own person and CRAVE mommy and daddy's individual attention. You're doing great, mom!!

Anonymous said...

From a view of teacher who has twins in her class, you are giving your children a wonderful gift. This one on one day is more valuable then you can ever imagine. They are both darling.

Anonymous said...

You know I don't have twins...but what a neat idea. You are both such good parents! Love you and miss you bunches!