Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, February 16, 2008

Busy Bees

We've been busy bees the past few days. Wednesday we ventured to our local library for "story time". The last time I tried this, it was terrible. The boys were only about 18 months and cared less about listening to the story, instead wanting to walk around the room getting in everyone's personal space. This time was much better. They actually sat in my lap and listened to the story. After the story they participated in a little Valentine activity, tracing hearts onto paper. This too went better than the last time as the boys actually colored on the paper and not the library's walls.

We left the library, drove through Chic-fil-A for some nuggets and french fries only to head to Wal-Mart. The boys do well if I have food for them to eat while riding in the buggy at Wal-Mart. All was well until I had to take a bathroom break. BB hates the sound of toilets flushing in the bathroom, so when I told them that they would have to go with Mommy to the bathroom, he declared that he "Don't want it." (His way of saying NO!). Let me tell you...it was awful trying to get him into the bathroom. He hollered, screamed, kicked...you would have thought that I was kidnapping him. I was so embarrassed and would have put off the the bathroom break until we got home, but the sweet tea was getting to me. Finally got done with bathroom break. By that time, I was so frazzled that we left with only diapers and milk. That ended our outing for the day as I couldn't take anymore.

Thursday started with a trip to the Y, then to deliver monogramming orders. While driving past McAlisters, the boys declared that they wanted some "sweep" tea and gil-cheese. My mom was with me, so we stopped and had lunch. The boys thought it was funny to holler at the employees as they walked by, "Hey, come back here" for no apparent reason other than to make a seen and be as embarrassing as possible. At least the employees thought it was cute.

We then ventured to Hancock Fabrics for me to look for some fabric of which I found.

Today started back at Hancock's with a friend and her 2 children. We were quite a circus. None of the kids wanted to stay in the buggy or stroller. Needless to say we out of there as fast as possible only to head to Hobby Lobby to look for more fabric. Again, the children made their presence known. And again, we didn't stay very long. We then went to Wendy's for lunch. And again, the children performed their circus act. Even the man a few tables down asked if I wanted him to sit with them while I ordered as his observation was "You've got your hands full." I told him thanks but that my friend would be here in a few moments.

After Wendy's we left for yet another fabric store. This was the last destination for obvious reasons. My boys were tired and let everyone know it. They both walked out with "doo-doo" and wouldn't even sit in their car seats until they were changed. Which I can't blame them, but there wasn't a convenient place to change them. So the back of my friends van became the changing table.

We then left for a local hospital to deliver another monogramming order. And then home.

I'm tired and now I am going to bed. We have a birthday party tomorrow to start the day.

Until next time, HB

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey HB, This is Michelle McArdle. I found your blog through the Cox's! I loved reading this...I also having a traveling circus of 2 everywhere I go! I just wanted to say hello. Your boys are precious. Tell JB we said hey!