Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, August 21, 2007

All in the Family

I have been meaning to blog this incident for awhile. It will give you a glimpse into the humor we find in our family.

Earlier this summer, my dad and his brother, Uncle Mickey, went to an aunt and uncle's 50th wedding anniversary.

Now to know my dad and his brother, you know they do not like to dress up in suit and ties but they did feel the need to dress a little more dressier than the casual khaki pants or jeans with a polo shirt.

After being there for a while, they began to visit and reminisce with family they had not seen for quite some time. While visiting with one particular cousin, this cousin noticed and mentioned that he should have dressed a little more appropriate other than his blue jeans and polo shirt. As he told them, he didn't realize that this was a dressy occasion. My uncle then replied, "Don't worry...that lady and little girl over there isn't dressed up." To which the cousin replied, "I know...that's my wife and daughter."

I asked my dad what did he do. He said that he just turned around and laughed, thankful that it wasn't he that stuck his foot in his mouth this time.

Until next time, we keep a bucket of water handy just in case, HB

PS. there are 2 more posting after this one

No comments: