Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Sunday, August 5, 2007

Bathing Cats...BKA...2 Year Check-up

Last Thursday, I took the boys to have their 2 year check-up. Also, to have CB looked at for his cold.

I didn't realize that they would need their fingers pricked for a CBC. But the boys only whimpered through this. However, the rest of the exam was a nightmare. You would have thought that the finger pricking would have brought about the screams...but nooooo. Let the doctor just touch them and they went to hollering, screaming, crying, tears, snot, gagging, wailing and gnashing of teeth--both of them. It resembled the behavior of a cat being put in water for a bath...clawing, hissing, and growling. And then I started to laugh and cry at the same time. Literally laughing from embarrassment and crying from the stress.

After the exam and while mamma and I were trying to dress the "bathing cats", the doctor asked me how as I was doing at being the mom of twin toddlers. I was still in a crying/laughing state and before I realized what I had said, it just came out..."It's times like this that make me want to go home and get drunk." If looks could kill, I should be dead by the look my mamma gave me. I honestly didn't mean to say it...it really just came out. I guess it was just a Freudian slip. I know that is not something you need to say to your child's pediatrician, but I did all the while not meaning it.

Let me clear it up before it starts...I DO NOT drink. Please don't be planning an intervention on my behalf. Thanks for the concerns, but it really is not necessary. And NO, I am not in denial.

Now for their progress...
CB weighs 26 lbs 4 oz. and is 35 inches tall

BB weighs 26 lbs 2 oz. and is 34 inches tall

Both of them are beginning to talk more and more with CB's language skills a little more advanced. But BB is not far behind and is progressing every day. I am amazed each day at what they are learning and feel so blessed that I am home every day to watch these new milestones.

Until next time, HB

No comments: