Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, July 7, 2007

Wrong Bird

Since my post of Target Practice, Anyone?, I had not been woken by the pecking of a bird. I had full confidence that someone had found the infamous woodpecker and took care of my problem. Well, I found out otherwise this past Friday.

I was again woken at an earlier hour than I care to be by his annoying pecking on my house. Except this time I was able to get a quick glance at him. I opened the back door and would you know that bird didn't immediately fly off. Instead he turned its head and actually looked at me--face to face, eye to eye. I swear he did it just to let me know he was still around. I think I even saw him stick his tongue at me (I think that's bird language for "flipping the bird"). And if looks could speak, I felt like I had just been "given the bird" by his. He showed no fear.

After seeing what he looked like, I realized I had a "hit" on the wrong bird. So if you happen to have taken out this bird:

Wrong bird. Instead he looks more like this one:

This bird has a brown head instead of red like his infamous cousin. I don't know the name of this bird or how many there are. And at this point, I don't care. He had his warning but didn't heed to it.

However, the first bird may still be around and is now in disguise with an alias. In that case, the 2 above pictures will be useful when searching.

So again, I am putting out another hit on the woodpecker. Open season, my friends.

Until next time, keep your eyes open, HB

No comments: