Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, July 5, 2007

My Name is Pride

Hello, my name is Pride. I am a cheater.

I cheat you of your God given destiny...because you demand your own way.

I cheat you of contentment because..."you deserved better than this."

I cheat you of knowledge because...you already know it all.

I cheat you of healing because...you are too full of me to forgive.

I cheat you of holiness because...you refuse to admit you are wrong.

I cheat you of vision because...you would rather look in the mirror instead of out the window.

I cheat you of genuine friendship because...nobody is going to know the real you.

I cheat you of love because...real romance demands sacrifice.

I cheat you of greatness in Heaven because...you refuse to wash another's feet on earth.

I cheat you of God's glory because...I convince you to seek your own.

My name is Pride. I am a cheater. You like me because you think I am always looking out for you. UNTRUE!

I am looking to make a fool out of you. God has so much for you, I admit, but don't worry. If you stick with me, you'll never know it!


I heard this through a Bible study that I participated in several months ago. This description of pride is so accurate and convicting (at least to me), I thought I would share it with you.

Until next time, HB

No comments: