Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, April 23, 2007

Not all tubs are created equal

I must first thank my dad and JB for the hard work they recently did in remodeling MY bathroom. They both worked many hours and did their best in doing what I wanted.

You will probably think this blog is odd and silly but my new bathtub is worth the time to write about.

I grew up using a big, luxurious claw-foot bathtub with an incline on one end that allowed you to lay back and relax. The tubs in our previous house were not claw-foot, but did have inclines that allowed for the same relaxation. I never realized what a luxury it was having an incline to relax while soaking in a hot bath until we moved into this house and I started using the bathtubs. Neither tub had inclines, so if I wanted to lay back and relax, I had to break my neck. (side note for those who do not know...I have a herniated disk in my neck, so trying to relax in a tub without an incline literally felt like my neck was broken). Also the previous tub was so long that my feet didn't touch the other end. I had to tread water in order stay afloat which only add to the discomfort.


Well, if you notice in the picture above, I now have a tub with an incline. Just look at that beautiful incline, one that makes for such a relaxing bath. Oh, and another good thing, it's short enough that my feet reach the other end of the tub. Now I don't have to tread water in order to stay afloat. Makes me feel like a mermaid and I can truly relax...that is until I hear "Mama, Mama" outside the door.
Sorry, I don't have a picture of me relaxing in the tub...I'm sure you all appreciate that. Having said that, I will now go and relax in my new tub in MY bathroom.
Until next time, HB

1 comment:

T!ff@ny said...

I am with you on that!! That was one of my FAVORITE things about our house when we moved...the bathtub. I am very picky about bathtubs and it is nice to finally have one I can relax in!!