Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, April 21, 2007

It's fun to stay at the Y M C A

I blogged about this in February on Myspace and thought I would update ya'll with it on this site:

For my birthday back in February, JB gave me a membership to the YMCA. At first I was like "what are you trying to say to me?" But he actually gave it to me as a way to get out more. Remember, the twin thing kinda keeps at bay from the world.

I joined about 1 1/2 months ago. I am working with a personal trainer in order to have a program that fits my personal needs. Sounds good, huh? I think it's actually a program that allows your body to feel self inflicted pain.

My goal is to loose 15 to 20 lbs. Which I think is obtainable. I can't blame my pregnancy for my weight gain. I only gained 24lbs from that. I guess when you throw up 3 to 4 times a day for 9 months, it's easy not to gain. However, since I am not currently pregnant with daily vomitting and bulemia is not an ideal weight loss program, the only other option is exercise. Along with dieting.

I can't be too hard myself. Before I got pregnant, I had gained about 15 lbs due to hypothyroidism. And I never got the chance to loose that weight before I got pregnant.

So now is my chance. The boys and I will venture to the Y, hopefully 3 days a week. I will post my progress as a form of accountability.

Until next time, HB
PS. To this day, I have lost about 5 lbs. I will continue to keep you updated.

1 comment:

T!ff@ny said...

Wow! Congrats on the 5!!

Hypothyroidism...I recently was diagnosed with that. Do you take meds for it?