Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

This Little Light of Mine...

Some days I just want to live in a 'box' keeping away from people who differ from me. Sheltering myself from people who want to mock me for my beliefs, who want to label me as hateful because I believe differently. Some days it would be easier to just delete some of these people not only from my profile (Facebook) but my life, also. But then I'm reminded, mere sheltering keeps me from growing...keeps me from a stronger faith in God...keeps from relying on Him when I'm hurt by those who know me. I pray my reaction to hate is love instead of cowardness. I pray I refuse to live in that box...for in that box, His light can't shine through me for those who need it most. 

This little light of mine,
I'm gonna let it shine!

No comments: