Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, November 19, 2012

Days of Thanks

There are have been many on FB who have been sharing something they are thankful for each day leading up to Thanksgiving.  It's been an encouraging pleasure to read them but I often wonder to whom they are thankful.  I don't think I have read one post that acknowledged to whom they are thankful for the what they mentioned.  I find that interesting because most of what they are thankful for doesn't come from any 'man made' source; but instead our Heavenly Father.  I just wonder if they recognize that or just dismiss as a blessing from nothing.  I'm not assuming either, just an observation I've noticed when reading them.

As for me, reflecting on all the things, people and events I am thankful for, this year the 1 that stands out the most for me: In the declining of our culture as I see it, I am ever so thankful for being in a family along with the generations before me that reared their children with the love of Christ. This is the ultimate love I will pass on to my children..teaching them that as much as I love them, Christ loves them even more. I am also ever so thankful that God allowed me to marry a man who came from a family of generations who did the same. The 2 of us together, continue to pass this same love on to our boys with prayers that this love continues for generations to come in world that increasingly seems to reject and mock it.

No comments: