Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Thanksgiving 2012

This past Thanksgiving was full of thanks and blessings. 

Thanksgiving Eve, we started our taco night that had been suspended while living in G'ville.  My sister and her family and my parents came over for tacos and fellowship. 

Thanksgiving day, we traveled to B'haven to spend the day with my grandmother, aunts and cousins.  My boys always enjoy this time and didn't want to leave.  While there I rummaged through my grandfather's shop.  I scored 3 old windows.  I already have 2 pinterest projects I hope to accomplish soon. 

My sister and I ventured out at midnight for Black Friday despite my lack of "Black Friday" enthusiasm.  She and I have done this for the past 3 years.  After seeing the crowds and chaos, she and I went back to our beds and slept.  We just didn't 'feel it' this year.  Instead, we ventured back out the next mid morning.  To our excitement, we found the same deals still available and scored the purchases we were gonna camp out for. 

Friday, after JB got off work, we traveled to AL and spent the weekend with his parents. 

Sunday afternoon, we picked out our Christmas tree then came home and decorated it. 

Nothing but memories and blessings!

No comments: