Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Delta Experience

Last night while JB and I were watching Idol, the electricity flickered and then went out for about 15 minutes. It came back on for several minutes and then flickered off again. We took this as a sign to go on to bed as it was late.

JB got to work this morning only to find that half his branch had electricity while the other half didn't. Yes, really...only part of the building had electricity. The power outage at his branch this morning was related to the power outage we had at our home last night.

Several miles south of G'ville, a farmer got his tractor tangled up in some live electrical wires. So Entergy had to "black out" the electricity in order to get his tractor untangled. How our street in the city was effected by this incident several miles south in a field, I just don't get. Anyway....

First, let me acknowledge that the farmer is ok. So glad of that. Above my inconvenience of no electricity, I'm more glad that the farmer was not harmed.

However, I've never experienced a power outage for this reason. Just another affirmation that I'm a city mouse still trying to learn my way of being a field mouse.

1 comment:

K Storm said...

That is kinda different