Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Recent Pictures







Looking through my blog the other day, I realized that I haven't posted any recent pictures of the boys.
 
I don't pay to have their pictures taken professionally. I have several friends that are talented photographers...so nothing against them. It's just that my boys do not cooperate very well when it comes to taking pictures. Even worse when it's with someone they aren't familiar with.
So I invested in a new camera this past fall and have been trying to teach myself a little bit about digital photography. Not only am I not a great teacher to others...but I'm not that great to myself either. Learning Photoshop and photography terminology is proving to be way over my simple minded brain. It takes more time and patience than I care to give so after about 30 minutes of dealing with it...I have to put it away for awhile. I do feel a little better about myself when a photographer friend of mine confirmed that Photoshop is very hard to learn.
I get excited when I get 10-20 good ones out of about 100 shots compared to the 5-10 I usually get. But still some photo attempts have proven to be just that...mere attempts. The boys hate having their pictures taken. I know this is probably typical of most boys..but I think mine have to hate it exceptionally more. I have to bribe and even at that...we all 3 usually end the session in tears. Session meaning the few attempts of on location photo shoots in an attempt to get decent pictures that are worth framing. Because, again..I can't afford professional photos when the boys do nothing but hide their faces behind their hands.
 
The pics above are just a few I've recently taken. They aren't necessarily the ones I will be framing but wanted to post a few for the family and friends who keep up with us through this blog.
If you are friends of mine of Facebook, then you've probably seen these. And since this blog feeds into my Facebook notes...you will see them there also.
 
Hope you enjoy looking at these more than my boys enjoyed taking them!

1 comment:

K Storm said...

I think these are great! Why pay if you can take relaxed pictures that you will treasure?