Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Thanksgiving Blessings...

(I know it's been awhile since I've posted. This season is my busiest for both my personal and business life. Just know that when I've not posted in awhile, it's because I've been too busy to blog.) The motto that's fits best right now... "better late, than never".

Of course, as always, we have so much to be thankful for. Our children, family, friends, church, and that all our necessities are met on a daily basis. We lack nothing we need. And although, there may be things I want but can't have, I have all I need.

This past Thanksgiving season, JB and I are especially thankful for his job. His employers laid off about 30 employees but JB was able to keep his job. It was hard for JB to see some of his co-workers leave under such circumstances, especially this time of year.

While many of his co-workers were laid off, JB was actually given somewhat of a "promotion". Of course, this doesn't come with an increase in pay just yet, but holds alot of promise for JB's future with this company. Because of the changes the company is making, JB has had to work alot of over-time to fulfill some of his new responsibilities. I don't feel it's an appropriate time to go into detail of this change and all it entails due to the nature of the changes that are still taking place and given some of the current circumstances of some of his co-workers. But I can say that this job change for JB is a blessing for the present and the future. JB feels that it's another confirmation of where he is to be at this time when it comes to his job. The Lord has blessed him greatly in many ways at his current employment.

As for my feelings, it's tough having him work late hours and home less but I'm just thankful he has a job and that his employers have thought enough of his character, work ethic, personality and job performance to allow him to stay and to furthermore entrust him with new responsibilities, goals and projects.

I'll update in the future when I feel it's a more appropriate time.

We continue to pray for those that have lost their jobs..no matter where they worked. JB has seen first hand some of those who desperately now need jobs to support their families. One of his co-workers that was laid off just had a baby this past summer. When he talked to her about the situation and told, we were so encouraged of her attitude and stance. She had been struggling and praying about the guilt that alot of working moms feel. She felt the Lord telling her that she should be a stay home mom but was unsure of how it would work and just afraid to take that leap of faith. She felt that this was God way of showing her where she should be and is thankful for the confirmation no matter how it came about. I am so happy for her attitude and out-look. What a way to be thankful to God in the some of the worst of circumstances.

HB

3 comments:

K Storm said...

This is a time to be thankful for employment...I have been the one laying off people before...it is not easy especially at times like these. We do pray for everyone to find provision, satisfying work and listen for the Lord's guidance.

Anonymous said...

As I read this..I'm reminded how hard it must be for people who are REALLY dealing with the hard hit economy...and that we are blessed to have a stable job. I can't imagine what it must feel like for people to get that terrible news of losing their jobs.

Jeremy and Christy said...

It is such a hard time to lose a job. My brother-in-law was laid off and his wife is in nursing school. They have 3 kids. So I am the same as you, when Jeremy has to work late or is on the phone with someone from work during the evening or on weekends, I try to remember to be thankful he has a job. Not only does he have a job, but he has a good job that he loves and, like your Jeremy, promise for a good future in this company. I like your attitude about that. And as for your friend that will be staying home, the same sort of thing happened for me this summer. I just got very discouraged for a while because I never got the job and WOW! Look at me now! I ABSOLUTELY LOVE what God has done for and given me in this time I am spending with my babies! So good for her for seeing that God has a plan for her and her family. Sorry this is so long. I guess I had a lot to say! We love you guys!