Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, December 8, 2008

Cute Craft Website...

I found this website through someone else and thought I would share with my readers. It has lots of fun poems with projects for young children to do for Christmas. Some may have already found this site, but it is new to me. I am gonna attempt (the key word being ATTEMPT) to do a few with the boys while they have such an innocent excitement about Santa and his reindeer.

I am appreciate that most of these projects and the site keep a Christian perspective of Christmas.

Here are few I might try:

Kisses Whisk
1 large wire whisk
about 1/3 bag of kisses
Fill the end of the whisk with chocolate kisses. Wrap in red cellophane and tie with gold ribbon or raffia. Attach a tag "Whisking you a Merry Christmas" or "Whisking you a Merry Kissmas". (I don't like to take Christ out of Christmas.)

Lollipop Ornament
Cut a 7" circle from Christmas fabric.
Wrap it around a piece of polyfil stuffing or a small Styrofoam ball. Insert a lollipop stick. Tie with a piece of ribbon. Sew or glue on a gold string hanger. Kids love helping with these! (My thoughts...this would make a great ornament for grandparents and great grandparents to hang on their tree.)

Hand and Footprint Reindeer
Items needed:
brown construction paper
tan construction paper
wiggly eyes
pom pom for nose
glue
Trace your child's hand prints on the tan construction paper. Trace one foot, with shoe on, on the brown construction paper. Cut out each hand/foot print. Glue the hand print on top of the foot print as antlers. Glue wiggly eyes on. Glue on a pom pom for the nose.

If I get chance to do any of these, I'll be sure to post pics of the outcome.

Here is the website: Heartfelt Holidays (just click on the name and it should take you to the site)

HB