Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, July 14, 2008

Riding in Cars with Boys...

It's interesting being the only female in my car full of boys. They ask questions that only their mamma can answer. I guess I was broken in while working with children as a social worker in that nothing surprises me nor really embarrasses me when it comes to conversations with my boys. This a conversation we had on a way home from Wal-Mart the other day:

BB: "Mamma, you a gal?"

Me: "Yes, Mamma is a girl."

CB: "Mamma, you wear panties?"

Me: "Yes, Mamma wears panties."

BB: "Mamma, I a boy?"

Me: "Yes, you and brother are boys."

CB: "Mamma, I wear unnawear?"

Me: "Yes, you and brother wear underwear."

BB: "I a boy cause I wear unnawear."

Me: "Well actually you wear underwear because you are a boy...You aren't a boy because you underwear."

BB: "Huh?"

Me: "Yes, you and brother are boys because you underwear."

Until next time, HB

4 comments:

K Storm said...

That is too funny!!!

Jeremy and Christy said...

At least they are only talking about underwear. Rileigh helped my mother change her boy cousin's diaper Saturday and now she has all kinds of questions.....

Leslie and Mark said...

That's so funny yet sooo doggone sweet! Makes you appreciate that innocent logic that little ones have!

K Storm said...

When my hubby read this last night he laughed and laughed!!

I am curious if they do the flip into the air off of the foot when taking off their underwear yet. I think that is instinct with boys.

Hey, check out my blog today...there's a little something for you.