Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

The Brothers Bond turn 3

I know I am late in posting this, but life has been busy and today is the first opportunity to sit, upload, download, edit and blog that I have had in a few weeks.

The spent most the day before preparing for their party. It was a nightmare to say the least. I worked from sun up til sun down baking cakes and cupcakes, gathering serving pieces, preparing party favors, preparing the boys' shirts to wear.


As I know it would be more convenient to buy their cakes from a professional, I do get joy out of making their own. Well..at least after the party. As I was preparing the baked goods, I didn't find much joy for this birthday. As the fate of CB's cake ended up on the kitchen floor as I was decorating the cupcakes to look like baseballs. Trying to remain calm, I removed CB to the bathroom as he was covered in icing and didn't want it smeared more than it already was in my kitchen. If you notice the bald spot on the cake, that is where our dog Gizmo was licking. I caught her just before she took a big bite of what she thought was manna from Heaven. Because I didn't have time to make another, I cut the bottom of the cake that landed on the floor and scraped off all the icing and re-iced it. I guess it was ok, as we are living to tell about it. Their cakes and cupcakes may not be made with perfection by a professional, but they are made with love.


This past birthday theme was "Sports". We reserved the gym at our church and set up stations featuring a different sport for the guests to play. Uncle Wade and Aunt Tracy gave the boys a soccer set that we put together. JB made a field goal to kick a football through. We got the boys a putting green that was set to play. Along with a basketball goal and t-ball set, our friends seemed to enjoy the free rain of playing what they wanted. Cousin Alex taught our "girlfriends" a cheer.


We enjoyed chunk cheese, smokies, chicken nuggets, chips with dip, grapes, M&M's, cupcakes, and drinks. (Most wouldn't care to know what we served, but if you knew my family that read this...it's what interests them the most)


The boys have enjoyed all their gifts which have been a kind of respit for me. It has given them new interests.


The boys celebrated another party that they had at JB's parents the following weekend. I was not able to attend due to previous obligations. But I heard that fun was had by all.
Until next time, HB



1 comment:

K Storm said...

You did a great job. The kids had fun.

I dropped Sissy's 4 year old cake right before her party and couldn't fix it. I know how that can mess you up...at least yours looked good.