Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Our New Tadpole Hole

The boys and I have started going to a different Y other than the Reservoir Y. This one is newer, bigger, and best of all, has an indoor pool. This allows for my "tadpoles" to swim all year long. The pool only goes as deep as 4 feet and has an incline instead of steps. This pool is used for the Y's therapy and water aerobics pool but for a couple hours of the day, it is opened for "Family Swim Time". We are usually the only ones there with the exception of the lifeguard.

As most of you know, CB LOVES the water while BB is slightly less enthused but does enjoy the time. I've enjoyed this time also as it provides more activities for us that is not limited by weather.

And speaking of the Y...my parents have recently joined. My dad often joins us for the workout trips while my mom attends on the days she is off. I have enjoyed having daddy for the help but most of all having an exercise buddy. The boys also enjoy him being there when we pick them up from the "playroom" as we call it. Also, a weight update... Since I joined in March, I have reached my initial goal of loosing 10 lbs. My next goal is to loose 5 more. However, I am not so pressured to loose that last 5 as I have been satisfied with the weight loss so far and been able to maintain it.

CB loves to "foat" with his new floating suit.



BB in his less enthused state but still enjoys the adventure.
Until next time, "It's fun to play at the Y M C A", HB



No comments: