Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Veterans Day 2015

Over the past several months through various activities, Brother B has become buddies with a WW II veteran, Mr. Mooney, who lives at local retirement home.

This past Saturday, Mr. Mooney hosted a Veterans Day event at the home in honor of the Vets, specifically WW II vets, who live at the home. Brother B was invited as his special guest to interview them and listen to their stories.  We enjoyed lunch with Mr. Mooney, also. 

I had my mom bring my grandmother to be a part of this as she is a WW II wife who supported my grandfather the 3 years he served in WW II. 

We all went to support Brother B, Mr. Mooney and the other Vets. We all left with a deeper ...appreciation for this generation.

Both my grandfathers served in WW II. And I am honored to keep their stories alive to Brother B.
Mr. Mooney and his fellow Vets consider it an honor to be remembered and they long for their stories to be remembered and retold. They fear that future generations will not remember the cause of WW II and the resolve this nation had in fighting this war. And, sadly, his worries and fear are well founded.

So today, I remember my grandfathers, the WW II wives, Mr. Mooney, his fellow WW II Vets and the many others who have served our nation with a resolve and a resilience that has made America the greatest nation to live.

Below, you will see Brother B with the WW II Vets and Mr. Mooney from Saturday's program.




 

No comments: