Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Friday, January 9, 2015

Just Do It!

Nike had it right.  Sometimes you just have to do it, especially when there is no motivation.

Sometimes it's not about motivation but rather 'just doing it'. I'm really not motivated to get up early and get my day started. So, I have to just make myself do it. And I'm definitely not motivated to exercise once I'm up. And it's hard for me to sit down long enough to read and study my Bible.
My goal isn't necessarily to wake up at the same time every morning but instead, just waking up earlier than what I am used to.

My goal isn't to work out for a certain amount ...of minutes in hopes of reaching a pinnacle by a certain date but instead just working out as much as my body will let me. Monday that was 15 minutes, yesterday it was 10 and this morning it was 21. I don't know what tomorrow holds.
My goal isn't to read so many chapters of my Bible but rather to just read my Bible. Each day it has been different but each day I've learned something new.

I am learning that setting pinnacle goals typically ends in disappointment for me. I work better on a 'just do it' type of mentality. There are days my body will just not let me do as much as I want in regards to exercising. There are days that time just will not allow me sit and read my Bible for long periods of time and there are some nights that keep me awake more than allowing me to sleep negating the efforts of waking up at a set time before the sun comes up. So for me, sometimes the goal is to "just do it" and be victorious in just doing it instead of disappointed from not doing it a set way for a set amount of time to reach a predetermined limit. Just get up earlier, just exercise, just read...just do what my body can do and take it as a victory. So far, I've been victorious 3 days....3 days are better than none.

No comments: