Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, November 3, 2008

Fall Happenings

I am quite behind when it comes to posting some of the fall events we have experienced these past few months. For that reason, I'm just posting all details in one post along with the pics.

We spent A Day in the Country. It was this event that assured us we are not ready for Disney World. Not that we were contemplating but know now not even go as for as contemplating. If we can't make it in the country we certainly can't make it at Disney. BB didn't want to participate in most of the children's games and almost had a melt down if you even tried to encourage him. On the other hand, CB loved it. He was all about fishing, throwing bean bags, and all other small activities they had. They both did enjoy petting the few animals they had. It was fun while it lasted but I was glad to be gone. It was actually hot and with BB not really into it made it a little difficult to entertain both children.






We also participated in Friends Day hosted by FBC Madison, where my parents are now members. BB did better partaking in the the children's events. And as usual CB loved it. Cousins, Alex and Abbey also came to the event which made it even more fun. My boys didn't yet have a costume while Alex was a Georgia Bulldog football player and her sister Abbey was a Georgia Bulldog cheerleader.
They even brought UGA, their bulldog, along as their mascot. He was well received by fellow participants until he began to snipe the food off people's plates as they were eating on the ground. Needless to say, he had to leave the eating areas.






Another fun fall activity the boys got to do for their 2nd time was going to the pumpkin patch. We didn't go as a family this year, but I got to go with the boys as a field trip with their school. Pappaw also went with us. I enjoyed spending the day with my boys and their school friends who also happen to be their friends at church. Regardless, it was a joy to see them interact with their friends in a different environment. I also got to see just how smitten CB is with his "girlfriend" Rileigh.
Ms Rileigh and CB



We loaded a trailer for a hay ride around the field where we saw animals and then soon stopped to pick out our pumpkins. The kids also got to play in the hay maze and on the rope swings. We then all gathered for a picnic lunch under the trees. I enjoyed meeting other moms and their children.



Until next time, Happy Fall Y'all!, HB

2 comments:

K Storm said...

Fun stuff.

We have put off the Disney thing for that very reason...we tell the kids we want them to be tall enough to ride everything though.

I remember Sissy's first trip to the pumpkin patch with school and all my friends going along too. That was fun. I miss that this year.

Jeremy and Christy said...

I just love your cute little boys!! I'm thankful that God worked things out for me the way He did for lots of reasons, but one big one is your kids. Rileigh has made some great new friends and we have gotten to get to know each other better because of it!