Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Monday, November 24, 2008

Almost Forgot...


I realized that I never posted a pic of the boys dressed for Halloween. The uniforms were a last minute save by JB. I had other ideas of what I wanted the boys to be...1 a cowboy and the other an Indian. However, the boys had their own ideas. When I would mention to them about dressing up as a cowboy and Indian, neither were thrilled about the opportunity. I refused to buy a costume due to their consistent reaction of not wanting to be a cowboy and Indian. I had flash backs from last year of me forcing on the scarecrow outfits my mom and I had made. And threatening to take their candy away when we got home. I don't think that's what Halloween should consist of...crying scarecrows and a mad momma.


So this year, I was just gonna let them wear a t-shirt that I had appliqued and jeans. However, JB had a trip to Georgia and on his way back he stopped in Alabama and found the "Roll Tide" football uniforms. Although a little pricey, he bought them for trick or treating and to wear on game days. They cooperated with all parts of the uniform with the exception of the shoulder pads. I didn't complain and was thrilled that got to dress up and actually enjoyed it.


Our church didn't host their annual Fall Festival, so we got to trick or treat with friends. It was great experience and the boys had a great time. I loved making this memory as I recalled the years I went trick or treating with neighborhood friends.
HB

No comments: