Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Sunday, December 9, 2007

The Gingerbread House

As most of you know, I participated in The Gingerbread House Arts and Crafts Show this past weekend. First, let me thank those of you who stopped by and complemented me on my display and merchandise. You will never know how much an encouragement you are to me. Your encouragements give me much needed confidence in what I am doing.

Second, I had a great time doing this show. Although it was a success for me, I don't have any other experience with this craft show to compare it. So, I have reserved the same booth for next year. I sold alot but have a good bit of inventory left. I prepared for a bigger crowd than I think came, but still alot of shoppers. Several experienced vendors with this show said that this year was a slow showing and it appeared that there wasn't as many shoppers as last year. But most still felt it was successful. They all encouraged me to come back and be apart of it again next year, so he we go.

As a beginner in this business, I am learning so much. The what to do's, how to do it, what not to do. I am learning what sells the best, what people want more of and what attracts more viewers. And I am sure as the year and shows go by, I will continue to learn more that will better prepare me for the next show.

As with the last show, I must thank those that helped me. First without Christ NONE of this would be possible to do. He has blessed me with the ability to learn all the new software, machine, and the creativeness to do this job. He has also blessed JB and I with blessing of me being able to stay home. Without this ability, I wouldn't even have the option of doing this "home job". Second, I also could not do this without the help, sacrifice, and encouragement of my family. As with the last show, they humbly and sacrificially gave their time to help me.

JB helped with the boys on the nights and weekends that I had to devote to sewing. I am blessed with such a husband that makes it a priority to be as good of a father as a husband.

My mom also helped keep the boys a few days so that I could devote full, uninterrupted time to sewing. She also gave up her Saturday and Friday to be there at my booth with the encouragement that only mothers can give and I love her more for it.

My dear daddy also helped in his own special way. He came over a few days to help with the boys so that I again could have uninterrupted time to sew. He also loaded up that huge shelf and transported it to the show and back home. He devoted his whole Friday to help me set up my display along with staying to man the booth til my mother could get there. He is such a special daddy to have.

My sister, my friend. She, too, helped watch the boys a few days so that I could sew. She also gave some of her time to help set up my display. I was in such a frazzled state on Friday trying to set up and arrange my display. Tiffany came to the rescue. She has the gift of being able to "take over" and get it done. She, like my mother, can imagine in her mind and make it happen which is a gift that I do not have. She also gave most of her Saturday to help man the booth even when she had to work that evening.

My mother in law, Paula, gave up her Friday and Saturday to come over and keep the boys for me. It's nice to leave them with someone and not have to worry. There's definitely no bribing or begging to get her to come over. She's in the car and ready to come on the words "will you?".

Again, without each of these family members, I could not have done this. They each are so special and I am truly blessed to have them.

Until next time, HB











2 comments:

Anonymous said...

everything looks beautiful!!!

K Storm said...

So glad you had a great show!