Smile for the Joy of Others

Smile for the Joy of Others

Thursday, December 27, 2007

As the World Turns...

I heard that my aunt's twin was seen at Carols by Candlelight this past Christmas season. Furthermore, she was with a much younger, handsome man. Their interaction with each other was so that it was obvious they knew each other very well and both appeared to be enjoying each other's company, despite of who might be watching them. They obviously weren't ashamed or afraid of being seen together even though my aunt's twin is married. Why would they take such a risk at being "found out"? What about their love did they not feel the need to hide? Is their love so strong that didn't care who found out?

Just the facts, Mam.
Well, my aunt's twin is my mom and she did not attend Carols by Candlelight this year. Instead it was my aunt's (and my mom's) older sister, Myra. Oh, but yes...she was with a much younger, handsome man. His name is Kelly and it happens to be one of her sons. Therefore, they were enjoying each other's company in spite of who would see them.

You see, a man that knew my Aunt Jean (my mom's twin) told her that he saw her twin sister at Carols by Candlelight. Aunt Jean responded as if it might have been true. For all she knew, my mom could have attended the Christmas program. Then the story took a turn..."She was with a much younger man", he inquiringly informed her.

Then, after a quick thought, Aunt Jean realized that it was Aunt Myra, their older sister and that she had to be with Kelly, her son. She then informed his inquiring mind that it was her older sister with her "middle" son. To which he replied, "I didn't know she had another son. I know Chris and Ryan but didn't know that there was a Kelly."

Glad to clear up this season's edition of "Inquiring Minds Want to Know".

Until next time, you never know what soap opera you might star in, HB

No comments: